Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Homecoming

I am back on Waiheke island. This place always calls me home.

I lived here when I was in primary school, and also in my late teens when I couldn't handle the regular schooling system and decided to finish my academic career in a school that overlooked the ocean. Somewhere I could spend all of my time in the art room and sneak out of history class to eat ice creams at the beach.

What I love is my new studio. There is diffused light and it was built especially for me.

This is the view from my desk.


There is lavender under all of my windows.


I have utilitarian storage for my fabrics. Space to sew, paint and play music. Note the bare wall. It was just built this weekend.


And this is what my commute to town looks like as I travel to my day job.

1 comment:

leila said...

lovely! LOVE that you're there. and what a special gift, to have a room built for you! love love love. I just love that you're in light.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online